Sep 9, 2013

Costuming Outting

Some mornings are ordinary, other mornings you get to dress up in Victorian and Edwardian outfits, huzzah!

Today the costuming group I joined recently, Images of Past Dunedin , were invited to present at this month's Mosgiel Ladies Probus Club meeting.
I was very fortunate to be able to attend, mostly due to the generosity of Helen, loaning me two of her splendid outfits.

Members of costuming group: "Images of Past Dunedin" attend Mosgiel Probus meeting
Images often do "fashion shows" around Dunedin, any money raised goes to buying books for the children's ward of the hospital.


4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love your costumes, especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing costumes! I love the blue one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I will pass on your kind comments to Helen :)

      it's certainly an interesting comparison seeing something in real life and then seeing the photos, so much of the details are completely lost. still, knowing that will help me create outfits that work for the camera.

      makes me wonder if photography has influenced the demise of stitchery detailing, all that effort and it doesn't show up!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful outfits and I love that it's for a fundraiser for children.:)

    ReplyDelete