Dec 5, 2014

Tutorial - Using Photoshop to make Historical Sewing Patterns which Fit


There are a lot of great old patterns out there that are free to download, via places like the Internet Archive, or possibly you've bought Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion series. Patterns which are scaleable, all drawn on helpful grids just waiting to be enlarged.  The problem is even once you scale these patterns, chances are it's not going to fit.

Well, I've come up with a method to solve this using Photoshop -- I used it to create my 1880s jacket -- and I'm sharing how I do it over in a series of tutorials on my graphic design blog, Part One and Two are live and I hope you'll check them out.


1 comment:

  1. I'm saving this to read later because I would like to try some of the older historical patterns but they're made for waifs.
    Val

    ReplyDelete